“I’m completely overwhelmed, and I don’t even know where to start organizing my home!”
Sound familiar? Clients and followers have vocalized this constantly over the years, and I get it! Starting your organizing journey can be overwhelming and knowing where to start is difficult.
I encourage clients and followers to start by organizing the kitchen and pantry, and here are five reasons why:
- The kitchen and pantry are the heart of the home – Everyone in the household uses the kitchen, and it gets used multiple times a day. When you start your organizing journey with the space that gets used the most, you’ll see the biggest payoff. When you notice positive change, you’ll want to organize other areas of the home, so keep the momentum going!
- Investing a few hours to purge and organize will pay off IMMENSELY – Purging and organizing the kitchen and pantry can take anywhere from 2-6 hours of your time depending on the size of your space. This small investment of time will pay off within the month because you’ll save time each time you cook, make a grocery list, unpack groceries, and unload the dishwasher. Clients have estimated it saves them anywhere from 1-2 hrs/week!
- Purging decisions are straightforward – Unlock other areas of your home like closets, storage rooms, and offices, you have far fewer sentimental items in your kitchen and pantry. When purging, focus on quantity, functionality, and expiration dates.
- You’ll save $$$ – When you know exactly what’s in your pantry, making grocery list writing a breeze. You can easily see what you have and you’re far less likely to double or triple up on items. You’ll save about $15/trip, and if you shop weekly that’s almost $800/year!
- Do it once, and be done – Once you invest the time in organizing the kitchen, you really don’t need to do it again. Few of us are buying kitchen tools or appliances regularly, and when we do, you’ll have already thought through where you’ll put the item. The pantry only requires quarterly maintenance and purging which only takes a few minutes. Put the system in place, and be done for good!
The New Year is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to kick off that home organizing journey! Start with your kitchen and pantry and see major payoffs, and then take that positive momentum and start to organize other areas of your home.
Also, I’m working on an exciting kitchen and pantry offer for you all, and I can’t wait to share more in the coming weeks!