Starting home organization projects can be a daunting task, since most take hours of your time, and no one wants to chip away at a big project 5-10 minutes at a time.
If you’re looking to declutter and organize but only have a few minutes here and there, I have 20 home organization projects that will take you ten minutes or less to complete!
In just a short amount of time, you can check a task off the list and you’ll be on your way to a cleaner and more organized life.
- Vacuum out your car and hose off the floor mats.
- Organize the car glove compartment box.
- Purge the junk drawer. Beware of the “I may need it someday” mental trap.
- Wipe down refrigerator shelves and drawers.
- Wipe down freezer shelves and drawers. A hand vacuum can be great for those deep drawers and hidden crevices!
- Purge the sock drawer (yours, your partner’s or your kids’). Look for holes and toss those without a match.
- Recycle old magazines and newspapers.
- Purge the plastic bags and paper bags. Remember, you don’t need more than 5-10 at a time. Click here for more on this topic.
- Clean out your purse or work bag.
- Clear out your email inbox, and unsubscribe from the lists you’re not interested in.
- Go through the photos and videos on your phone and purge.
- Organize the files on your computer desktop.
- Purge the medicine cabinet. Remember to discard medication appropriately.
- Purge your makeup bag. If you’re curious about whether makeup expires or not, check this article out.
- Clean makeup brushes.
- Declutter your Facebook and/or Instagram accounts – unfollow people you’re not interested in.
- Go through your luggage and purge the pockets. If you’ve been somewhere sandy, vacuum out the interior of your bag.
- Purge the pockets of all winter coats in the house.
- Purge your reusable grocery bags and totes.
- Purge water bottles and coffee travelers.
Keep an eye out for those little pockets of time and start checking things off. After these 20 mini projects are done, I promise you’ll feel lighter and more accomplished!